This site revolves around creating a place for people to visit (whether online or by reading a magazine) to educate themselves on issues that they deem important. They want people who themselves want a good life to have a place to go to for a "unique editorial perspective." I really liked this site and found most of it interesting and "good." I definitely thought some videos and infographics were better than others but for the most part they were all pretty successful. One thing that most of the videos had in common, especially the State of the Planet in 2009, was professionalism; they don't overdo any of the motion in the videos and just do enough to make it visually interesting without complicating it too much for the viewer to follow. They focus in on making something work really well instead of trying to do too much. Their pacing is really nice – they leave things on screen long enough to read and that's it. They also find interesting ways to bring text in and out, I liked when it looked like they were zooming in on certain areas and they would go in and out. This was used a lot in the Hidden Cost video. I also liked how they used rotating text, they made it work really well I watched some vidoes that were not the "Transparency" kind and they were okay not quite as successful; they incorporated interviews with graphics. They would have the person talking and when they were about to make an important point they would add in some graphics. Some I liked, especially about health tips and work out myths. They also had some interesting infographics. I thought the most valuable companies in the world was interesting along with the richest and poorest neighborhoods. I also looked at the NASA budget one and it used blinking images, I thought this was unnecessary and distracting.
Some of the graphics used seemed a little childish in some of the work that is on the site; this could be both good and bad depending on the content and audience. I don't think it is the best way to approach their audience though because I feel that most of the content is targeted towards adults and maybe a more sophisticated approach could be brought in. The magazine seems to cover some interesting and relevant issues. They definitely appeal to a wide audience.
Simple, gets point across without any distractions
Very creative, sticks to theme and well executed
No comments:
Post a Comment