Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What is Flash?

Flash has become a popular method for adding animation and interactivity to web pages. Flash is commonly used to create animation, advertisements, and various web page Flash components, to integrate video into web pages, and more recently, to develop rich Internet applications.

Flash can manipulate vector and raster graphics, and supports bidirectional streaming of audio and video.


Designers use flash because it is a way to create interactive works through animation. It is a way to create movement and interest in an otherwise still frame. It has a lot of possibilities and abilities that can be utilized to make great flash projects.



One flash project I liked was from Trollback+Company that they did for Miller Lite. I especially liked how the blue dot was transformed throughout the entire project and helped form different elements of the add. I also like its simplicity and how it sticks to the story and what they want the audience to remember from the ad. They keep it simple and to the point without providing distractions for the viewers.

Another project I liked was for Nike's New Geometry golf club. The motions keep the viewer on edge and in suspense about what the product being advertised is. The sound effects are also very effective to add to the overall feel of the project. The black background also adds to the intensity of the ad.

Lastly, another video I found seemed to be something more closely related to what we are going to be doing with our project. It just narrates lines from pulp fiction. It make the words come to life without seeing the actual movie. It uses interesting ways to highlight important lines to create hierarchy with just moving text.

No comments:

Post a Comment